MEC for Finance and e-Government Nomantu Nkomo-Ralehoko tabled her budget on Thursday at the Gauteng Provincial Legislature.
Here some of the key highlights of #GPBudget2020:
- Overall 2020/21 Budget R 142.4 billion, now up by R10 billion
- R33.3 billion goes to Premier David Makhura’s Plan, Growing Gauteng Together;
- R157 million allocated for support of the taxi industry and establishment of the Gauteng Transport Authority;
- Tshwane Automotive Zone has received R 200 million;
- R 625 million has been allocated for crime-fighting priorities, including R280 million for recruiting 400 traffic officers;
- R 189 million allocated over the next three years for Gender-Based Violence and the training of officers and establishment of victim empowerment centres;
- R 205 million has been allocated for 10 000 serviced stands
- R 157 million for completion of all incomplete Human Settlement projects;
- The GPG wage bill to be maintained at 60% of the total budget
- The Forensic Unit at Treasury will now move to the Premiers Office;
- Commitment to pay suppliers on time;
- Lifestyle audits for supply chain and human resource officials are being introduced to help fight corruption and fraud.
(Compiled by Thebe Mabanga)